Another fourth of July inspired look because, why not?
Best part of the summer is about to begin…
Happy Tuesday everyone!
The fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays, so naturally it’s one I love getting dressed for. My fourth of July outfit is always something I try to have fun with, and actually I kind of dress patriotic all summer long so… I’m always looking for great red, white and blue pieces to add to my closet. (also stripes, lots and lots of stripes.)
Here are a few pieces I am currently loving:
I just got these adorable scalloped stripe tops into my shop this week and I am obsessed. I love that they can be worn long like a tunic or tucked in to a pair of jeans for a slouchy tee look. And the scallops on the sleeves and neckline basically had me at hello.
Speaking of which. These sandals guys. They are like a summer dream shoe come true. Basically a party for your feet, they’re super comfy right out of the box and so fun to wear. (I bought them in two colors, that’s how much I love them) And I got so many compliments wearing them around this weekend. Plus, confession: I really love that they kind of hide my toes a bit because I really hate my feet.
And finally this navy and white striped Daniel Wellington watch, guys. I can’t even begin to describe how much I’m obsessing over it. You know you love your new watch when you start planning outfits around it… I’m like okay, tomorrow’s outfit, what goes with my striped watch? Anyways, the face is so pretty and it’s surprising lightweight, which I love. I’ve kind of broken up with my Michael Kors watch for awhile because it’s so heavy and I just don’t feel like wearing a heavy watch right now. Daniel Wellington has generously offered a discount to you my lovely readers and right now, you can get –% off your order by using this code: DRESSCORY at checkout.
So, what are you wearing for the 4th?
Happy Monday everyone!
PS. Don’t forget to check out Friday’s post and enter to win your very own pair of Kate Spade shoes! Only a few days left to enter!
Shoes: Kate Spade. (c/o)
Summer evenings are one of my favorite things about the season, especially here in Seattle where there’s one charming thing or another to do virtually every night of the week. One of my favorites is taking a walk down on the docks at Kirkland during Market day and then grabbing a bite to eat at one of the great little places nearby. On a casual evening out with my husband, I love to put on a pretty skirt and top or dress and then pair it with some fun and quirky summer sandals from Kate Spade. It makes walking around town so much easier but still adds a fun pop to my outfit.
It’s no secret that my love for Kate Spade runs deep, especially in the handbag and shoe department. I’ve been carrying this bag pretty much daily (it goes with everything!) and I just added these fun Charlie sandals to my closet this week. Every season I swoon over Kate Spade’s shoe line and their sandal game is seriously strong this summer. So many fun beautiful pairs.
I’m so excited to announce that today I’ve teamed up with Kate Spade to giveaway a pair of these gorgeous Charlie sandals to one of you lucky ladies! To enter, check out Kate Spade, and simply leave a comment below and letting me know why you love this darling brand and what you’re most looking forward to this summer.
And make sure you check out Kate Spade’s fun summer inspired shoe line up!
Good luck ladies! Winner announced next Friday, 7/1.
ps. Just an FYI Kate Spade is having a huge extra 30% off sale items sale right now.)
*created in partnership with Kate Spade New York.
I love getting dolled up and wearing dresses, especially in the summer, but everyday casual pieces are a huge must. (Especially when you’re a mom of four) And today I’ve rounded up 5 of my favorite casual summer essentials.
1. Easy everyday t-shirt. I love good soft tees during the summer time, and when it comes to casual summer essentials these are at the tip-top of my list. I’ve been loving Madewell tees this year. I just ordered my 4th one in the last month. White t-shirts are completely versatile and you can never have too many.
2. Distressed boyfriend jeans. I’ve been a lover of ripped jeans for years, and every summer I pull out my boyfriend jeans the most. I love my skinny jeans too but on hot summer days it’s nice to have a little more relaxed cut. That way I can play soccer with my kids or spend a day in the city, or at the park and still be super comfy.
3. Open-toe booties. I wasn’t sure I would love this trend very much, but I decided to give it a try earlier this spring and I am so glad I did. These booties have become a fast favorite. They’re perfect for spring and summer, and they’re just a great way to make an outfit more interesting. The smaller heel on this pair makes them perfect for wearing all day long and they look so cute with a dress. I love cognac booties too because they go with everything and it’s such a beautiful rich color.
4. Shoulder bags. In the summer time when I’m hauling four kids around with me everywhere I go, I am all about large shoulder bags. I can wear them cross body or just slung on my shoulder and they are so convenient. In the summer I love white handbags, and this I carry this Kate Spade one pretty much daily right now.
5. Military Vests. I’m really loving military green this year, especially with these lightweight vests. It makes it easy to layer when you want to add interest to an outfit but not be sweating to death. Admittedly, I wouldn’t wear one in 100 degree weather, but on a summer evening or a mild 70-80 degree day, I love a great vest.
So there you have it! 5 of my casual summer essentials!
What are some of yours?